Hays Area Children’s Center offers year-round child care for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Additionally, we offer a summer program for school-aged children.
HACC is licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and provides quality care to all children, including those with special needs.
Highly qualified teachers combine outstanding teacher-child interactions with early child development strategies.
Children also receive assistance with medical needs from a registered nurse.
The Infant Room
(Ages 2 weeks to 1 year)
- Provides tender, loving care with a 1:3 teacher-to-child ratio in a state-of–the-art environment.
- Emphasizes the child’s schedule as development is nurtured.
(Ages 1 to 3 years)
- Introduces toddlers to a schedule that is flexible but incorporates the child’s interests.
- Emphasizes developmental appropriateness as children explore their world in small- and large-group activities.
- Adult to child ratio is 1:5.
(Ages 3 to 6 years)
- Fosters exploration of their environment, interaction with their peers, and expression of their creativity through activity-based learning.
- Adult to child ratio is 1:8.
School Age Program
This program is designed to keep your child (kindergarten through fifth grade) active and engaged in learning while on an extended break from school.
- Adult to child ratio is 2:17.