Welcome to Hays Area Children's Center
Our Work is child's play.
Providing and promoting quality care and educational experiences for young children and families.
Originally named the Hays Daycare Center for Exceptional Children, HACC was founded in the spring of 1966 through the combined efforts of parents, the Special Education Department at FHSU, and The Arc of Central Plains.
Our programs and services
- Licensed Child Care, including Preschool, Infants and Toddlers
- School Age Summer Program
- Early Intervention Services and Screenings
- Healthy Start Home Visitor
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
Intervention and Screening services are free to children and families in Ellis and Rush Counties. The Healthy Start Home Visitor program serves pregnant women, new mothers and their infants in Ellis County. Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs is free to qualifying children up to age 21 in Western Kansas.