Want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families? Join our team at HACC.
Current job openings
Food Services Manager
Hays Area Children’s Center is now accepting applications for a Food Services Assistant. Experience with nutritional food preparation and service for large groups is preferred. All applications will be reviewed for a potential candidate that is able to thrive in this position regardless of education or experience. The position is from 7:00am – 3:00pm.
A successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, complete a health assessment, and have a negative TB skin test.
• Communicate and interact positively with children, families and staff
• Follow seasonal breakfast, snack and lunch menus, prepared by Childcare Coordinator
• Oversee purchases of food within budget limitations
*** May need to grocery shop at local stores (Walmart and Dillons) – Mileage Reimbursement is available for work related trips***
• Prepare age-appropriate meals for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children
• Prepare alternative meals for children with allergies, feeding difficulties and/or families with religious preferences, as necessary
• Maintain clean kitchen and operating appliances
• Prepare meals for staff, board meetings and special occasions as requested
• Notify Executive Team of any kitchen maintenance or equipment needs
• Supervise and evaluate Food Services Assistant per agency policy
• Complete required paperwork on time and in accordance with state (KSDE) and federal ( CACFP) regulations.
• Attend required CACFP in-service training and maintains in-service log
• Assure efficient management of food by updating inventories, assuring use of older food first, and minimizing long-term food storage.
Employees of HACC receive a 25% discount on childcare if enrollment allows for additional children in the classrooms.
Please send a resume and references to Kate at CCCoordinator@hacc.info.