Want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families? Join our team at HACC.
Current job openings
Food Services Assistant
Hays Area Children’s Center is now accepting applications for a Food Services Assistant with nutritional food preparation and service for large groups is preferred.. Experience with food preparation is highly preferred. All applications will be reviewed for a potential candidate that is able to thrive in this position regardless of education or experience. The position is from 7:30am – 1:30pm.
A successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, complete a health assessment, and have a negative TB skin test.
- Communicate and interact positively with children, families and staff
- Follow seasonal breakfast, snack and lunch menus, prepared by Childcare Coordinator
- Oversee purchases of food within budget limitations
- Prepare age-appropriate meals for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children
- Prepare alternative meals for children with allergies, feeding difficulties and/or families with religious preferences, as necessary
- Maintain clean kitchen and operating appliances
- Prepare meals for staff, board meetings and special occasions as requested
- Notify Executive Team of any kitchen maintenance or equipment needs
- Supervise and evaluate Food Services Assistant per agency policy
- Complete required paperwork on time and in accordance with state (KSDE) and federal ( CACFP) regulations.
- Attend required CACFP inservice training and maintains inservice log
- Assure efficient management of food by updating inventories, assuring use of older food first, and minimizing long-term food storage.
Employees of HACC receive a 25% discount on childcare if enrollment allows for additional children in the classrooms.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kate at CCCoordinator@hacc.info.
Preference will be given to applications received before August 26th.
See our Nex-Tech Classified page for current job openings!