Programs & Services
Our programs and services help young children and their families thrive.
Started in 1966, Hays Area Children’s Center serves more than 725 babies, young children and their families every year, primarily in Ellis and Rush counties.
Our services include:
HACC CHILD CARE, PRESCHOOL, AND SCHOOL AGE SUMMER PROGRAM
HACC offers daycare for children ages 2 weeks to 3 years, preschool for ages 3 to 6 years and a school age summer program for kindergarten through 5th Grade.
We are a KDHE licensed child care facility and provide an enriched and structured learning environment for all children we serve, as well as educational activities to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten.
- Open year around,
- Monday through Friday
- 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
We are located at 94 Lewis Drive on the edge of the FHSU campus.
Infant-Toddler services include:
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
Our expert staff is an excellent resource for our child care staff, all of whom are certified in CPR/First Aid and have completed required KDHE licensing courses. Lead teachers have additional certifications in Child Development.
HACC encourages children to develop a healthy lifestyle. We provide nutritious meals for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack, following guidelines from the State of Kansas CACFP food program. Our large, secure, outdoor play area promotes exercise. We organize educational field trips for the Preschool and School Age Summer Program.
Call Tammy at 785-625-3257 for more information or to schedule an HACC tour. We are happy to discuss your family’s child care needs and how Hays Area Children’s Center can help your child learn and thrive.
- We put children first
- We create a quality nursery environment
- We encourage an honest, open culture
History of HACC
The center, first named the Hays Daycare Center for Exceptional Children, was established in the spring of 1966 through the combined efforts of parents, the Special Education Department at FHSU, and The Arc of Central Plains.
· The center, first named the Hays Daycare Center for Exceptional Children, was established in the spring of 1966 through the combined efforts of parents, the Special Education Department at FHSU, and The Arc of Central Plains.
· In 1968, United Way began its support of the agency.
· In 1978, the Center changed its name to the Early Childhood Developmental Center (ECDC).
· In 1978, ECDC became certified by the Kansas State Department of Education as a special purpose school.
· In 1988, ECDC became part of the KDHE Infant/Toddler Early Intervention Services Network.
· In 1992, ECDC and The Community Child Care Center and Preschool merged to create the Hays Area Children’s Center.
· In 1999, Ellis County Healthy Start program began.
· From 2001-2013, Child Care Aware® of Northwest Kansas was a program of the Hays Area Children’s Center.
· In 2004, Infant and Toddler Early Intervention Services received the State Exemplary Practice Award.
· In 2005, HACC received a Merit Award for positive economic community impact from the Kansas Department of Commerce.
· In 2005, HACC began receiving Smart Start grant funding from the Kansas Children’s Cabinet.
· In 2007, HACC created an organizational fund with the Heartland Community Foundation.
· In 2009 HACC began receiving Kansas Early Learning Collaboration grant funding from the Kansas Children’s Cabinet.
· In 2016, HACC celebrates 50 years of service to children and families in the community.